Virtue IMC is frequently asked to assist small businesses and non-profits with their marketing efforts. Here are our policies regarding pro bono or trade clients:
- Virtue IMC has one internship available as of 12/1/09. This position is unpaid, so applicants must be able to earn course credit in either Public Relations or Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Applicants should be either a college Junior or Senior in public relations or marketing disciplines and have completed upper division public relations writing coursework.
Position requirements include:
- Minimum four hours per week, with a once a week meeting to discuss progress & direction
- Self-starter, with the ability to work unsupervised on projects
- Ability to work in a Virtual agency for course credit
- Willingness to learn the ropes by creating tools, assisting in strategic & creative development for clients as well as do some leg-work on pro-bono projects
- An enthusiasm for an emerging niche market – family marketing/communications
- Want to be hands on in the communications process
- Be internet-savvy, willing to download communication tools to be connected to Virtue IMC
- Want to meet other professionals in the community to network
- Not be afraid of hard work
Send your resume to VirtueIMC. Also include a letter about how you would like to see this internship shape your career.
Virtue IMC is a firm believer in internships – with Charity having completed over 5 during her journey to professional. The selected candidate will have access to opportunities that will help them decide the direction of career.
- Virtue IMC offers the services of it’s Principal to ONE (1) pro bono client per quarter in a scholarship format for the duration of THREE (3) months/ 90-Days
- Preference will be given to Non-Profit [501(c)3] entities
- Prospective scholarship recipients must submit the following for consideration:
- A biography of the organization detailing its mission and vision
- A letter, of no less than 500 words, describing how Virtue IMC could assist and what those services would mean to the organization
- All applications will be reviewed by Virtue IMC and the final decision is at the discretion of the Principal.
- On a case-by-case basis Virtue IMC will reduce its usual and customary fees for services of the Principal by 50 percent for federally recognized 501(c)3 organizations beyond the ONE scholarship per quarter
- Additional services provided by other Virtue IMC consultants will be billed at regular rates
- It is Virtue IMC’s policy to not engage in trade or barter for services
- All external costs from vendors will be passed on as-is to clients without any up-charge.